I promised I would post this a while ago, but as I usually eyeball all the measurements (per g-ma's instructions) I had to make it again. So, I've now made it again (per requests from fam as well as J.C. & A.S.). At long last, here's my g-ma's recipe for Liptauer Cheese. I like it on toast best, but J.C. has been using it as a dip. Regardless, it's yummy & addictive. And no, it doesn't taste like anchovies, so buck up!
G-ma's Liptauer Cheese
- 12 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste (can be found by the canned tuna usually)
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion (scallions), finely sliced
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in mustard, anchovy paste, paprika and cayenne.
- Fold in green onions until evenly disbursed.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, then taste and adjust mustard/anchovy paste/cayenne as desired.