Thursday, March 12, 2009

G-ma's Liptauer Cheese

I promised I would post this a while ago, but as I usually eyeball all the measurements (per g-ma's instructions) I had to make it again. So, I've now made it again (per requests from fam as well as J.C. & A.S.). At long last, here's my g-ma's recipe for Liptauer Cheese. I like it on toast best, but J.C. has been using it as a dip. Regardless, it's yummy & addictive. And no, it doesn't taste like anchovies, so buck up!


G-ma's Liptauer Cheese

  • 12 oz. whipped cream cheese
  • 8 oz. sour cream
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste (can be found by the canned tuna usually)
  • 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 cup green onion (scallions), finely sliced
  1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
  2. Stir in mustard, anchovy paste, paprika and cayenne.
  3. Fold in green onions until evenly disbursed.
  4. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, then taste and adjust mustard/anchovy paste/cayenne as desired.
And that's it! I usually keep the cream cheese/sour cream containers for storage of the Liptauer.

Enjoy!

0 comments: